Salad with arugula, feta cheese and berries
Nuts and seeds
Place your rocket leaves into a big serving bowl. Then add in your blueberries and strawberries, then your feta cheese, followed by your nuts and seeds. Drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and olive oil or dressing of choice.
Chestnut salad with pearl barley and vegetables
1 cup pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise then cut diagonally into long chunks
Olive oil spray
1 cup of pearl barley, rinsed
1 medium zucchini, cut into 2cm cubes
½ cup Y.V.Fresh chestnuts
Choice of seasoning or dressing.
1. Place the chestnuts into a pot of cold water. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the chestnuts with a slotted spoon and place onto a shallow baking pan. Place the chestnuts with the flat side down, then cut side up into a single layer.
2. Place the pumpkin and carrots onto a paper lined tray. Spray well with oil and season then bake in a moderate oven 180 C degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Add the chestnuts and zucchini to the tray then spray and season all the vegetables and bake in a oven for another 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. To cook the pearl barley. Bring 1 cup barley and 2 ½ cups of water or broth to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook, covered, until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. On a served plate toss the vegetables and rocket through the barley, drizzle over olive oil or dressing of choice and add a pinch of parsley.